How to Plant Carrot – How to plant carrot is not difficult. There are several things that you must understand starting from the conditions of growing carrots and carrot growing stages correctly.
This plant is rich in benefits such as preventing cancer, preventing heart disease, healthy skin, maintaining eye health, and many others.
- 1 Carrot Plants
- 2 How to Plant Carrot
- 3 Video on How to Plant Carrot
Carrots are biennial plants (12-24 months life cycle) that store large amounts of carbohydrates for these plants to flower in the second year.
Flower stems grow as high as about 1 m, with white flowers, and a sweet, sweet taste. The edible part of the carrot is the root.
Carrots can be eaten in so many ways. In raw carrots, only 3% β-Ririencha is released during the digestion process, and this process can be increased to 39% when pulping, and cooking it or making juice of it.
How to Plant Carrot
1. Carrot Seed Selection Process
The first stage in how to plant carrots is the selection of seedlings, at this stage that will determine your future harvest.
There are 2 ways you can do to choose carrot seedlings, which are making carrot seedlings themselves and buying carrot seeds at the farm shop near each house.
2. Carrot Hatchery Process
- Prepare the seeds that you have chosen, either from seeds that you made yourself or seeds purchased from the farm shop
- Next, take the seeds and rub them with your hands, so the seeds don’t stick together
- Then soak the seeds in cold water for a day and a night, waiting for the carrot seeds to sprout
- Out seeds that have begun to grow sprouts, place it somewhere neatly
3. Processing of Planting Land
- The first step you should do is prepare tools and materials in the form of hoes, sickles and dried manure
- Then clean the planting area from right pest, grass, the rest of the plants that are not useful using a hoe and sickle
- After the land is cleared, begin the process of plowing or loosening the soil using a hoe with a depth of 40 cm. In this step, you can add dried manure to make it more evenly mixed with a ratio of 3: 1.
- If the land has a soil pH below 5 or above 7, you can calcify first and after lime is sown leave it for 1-2 weeks
- The next step is to make beds with a width of 130 cm, the height of 50 and length according to the land conditions. After that, make drainage around the beds with a distance of 40 cm then also make melon planter holes in the beds with a distance between holes 30-40 cm.
- After that, you can close the beds using plastic and leave for 1-2 weeks.
4. Carrot Planting Process
This stage is straightforward compared to some other stages you need knowledge about how to plant carrots correctly and thoroughly.
You have to take the seeds from a storage area and then plant them in the area of the beds that have been prepared previously.
After that, cover again with soil, if necessary cover using leaves so that the seeds are not flooded when it rains.
Finally, wait until the seeds grow leaves 2-3 strands of the new you can open the leaves and flush with enough water.
5. Carrot Plant Care Process
Next is the process of caring for carrots; the fifth stage of how to plant carrots is one of the essential stages that will determine future crop yields.
Although carrots can still grow even if not treated but the results will be far compared to carrots that are treated.
Thinning and weeding
The first treatment of carrot plants is thinning and weeding, thinning is the process of reducing the number of plants to make room for other plants to grow more significant and fertile.
Thinning activities carried out on plants that are 1 month old from the beginning of planting.
Furthermore, weeding is the process of clearing carrot planting land from some pests, both plants, and animals such as caterpillars.
This activity is carried out on plants aged 1-2 but also depends on the condition of the land as well.
Carrot plants need sufficient water available so that the process of cooking food does not lack because water is useful as a nutrient solvent that will be sucked up by the roots.
Watering is done every day on freshly planted carrot plants, but if the plant has begun to grow extensive watering activities can be reduced, but you should remember the level of humidity of the area that is considered.
The next treatment is fertilizing, you can provide fertilizer if the plant has entered the age of 30 days.
Fertilization can use organic fertilizer or inorganic fertilizer if you use inorganic fertilizer you can use urea and KCI fertilizer with a ratio of 2: 1 and if you use organic fertilizer you can use manure or compost with an amount of 1.5 kg above the surface of the bed.
Carrot Harvesting Process
The last stage of how to plant carrots is harvest, this activity is not challenging but some things must be considered before harvesting that is timeliness because if it is harvested at an age that is too old the tubers will be hard and the quality will decrease so try to harvest carrots at age 3 months from the beginning of planting.
The next way to plant carrots is to harvest. The harvesting process is straightforward because you only need to pull the carrot bulbs from the soil and then clean them from dirt.
You can get rid of carrot sticks or leave them all depending on market demand.
That is our article on How to plant carrot, practice the stages of planting carrots, and become a successful carrot farmer immediately.
I hope, this article can be a reference for you who wants to start a carrot business.
Video on How to Plant Carrot